Welcome Sports Medicine Personnel!
This section of the PIAA website is dedicated to making your job a little easier by providing the latest information available.
PIAA SPORTS MEDICINE POSITION STATEMENTThe PIAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is committed to supporting schools in developing guidelines to provide safe and healthy conditions for student-athletes to compete. The SMAC has developed these items to assist in promoting optimum health and safety conditions for all student-athletes. Health care is not one size fits all medicine and individual assessments of each student-athlete must be completed to ensure each student is cleared to participate after sound medical evaluations.
News & Announcements
- 7/29/202020 PIAA Fall Sports Update
- 7/29/20Return to Competition Guidelines
- 6/10/20Press Release - Preliminary School Sports' Guidance
- 4/24/18Anyone Can Save A Life Emergency Action Plan Materials
- 7/30/13American Academy of Pediatrics Pennsylvania Chapter Statement on Sports Physicals
- 7/12/13NOCSAE Position Statement Regarding Virgina Tech Star Rating System