2019 PIAA OFFICIALS' CONVENTION
August 9 & 10, 2019 - Hilton Harrisburg
For the 25th consecutive year, PIAA will host its Annual Officials' Convention on August 9 & 10, 2019 at the Hilton Hotel in Harrisburg. This convention provides officials countless opportunities to become better educated in a number of issues involving high school athletics and the sports these officials officiate.
As a result of these educational sessions, PIAA officials are better prepared to serve PIAA member schools and its student athletes.
The culminating banquet on Saturday night will recognize officials who have dedicated at least three decades of service to PIAA, its members schools and their student athletes.
Patrick B. Gebhart, Assistant Executive Director
Ryan Hartman, Chapters' Secretary
Jacquie Rocco, Officials' Secretary
Ally McLean, Officials' Corresponding Secretary
2019 PIAA Official's Convention Information:
- Hilton Harrisburg - Rate held until July 12 or until sold out ($134/night. Parking included if staying at hotel.) As of June 10, 2019- Harrisburg Hilton is SOLD OUT
- Crowne Plaza Harrisburg - Rate held until July 10 or until sold out (Overflow Hotel. $145/night. Parking $15/day.)
- Courtyard by Marriott Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West- Rate held until July 12 or until sold out ($121/night. Free parking.)
- Additional Hotels in the Harrisburg Area
HILTON PARKING INFORMATION
Parking for non-Hilton guests is $5 per day
Valet parking is $24 per day regardless if staying in Hilton or not
Overnight guests will receive a parking ticket that will be used to exit and enter the Walnut Street Parking Garage (215 Walnut Street, Harrisburg 17101) through the extent of their stay. Unlimited entries and exits.
All day self-parkers can get parking tickets electronically stamped - WALNUT STREET GARAGE ONLY - at the gift shop or the front desk for $5.00. This will cover a maximum of 10 hours in the garage. No exits and re-entries permitted. The 10 hours starts as soon as you pull your ticket from the garage kiosk in the morning.
After the 10 hours there are two options.
- Leave the garage and re-enter to get a new ticket for a total of $10 (two $5.00 validations) for the day.
- Stay in the garage and pay the difference – go to www.parkharrisburg.com/rates/ for parking rates.
NOTE: In order to receive the discounted 10-hour rate of $5.00, you must have your ticket electronically stamped at the Hilton. If you use a parking garage kiosk to pay, you will NOT receive the discounted rate.
2018 PIAA Officials' Convention Information:
Online Convention Registration is available- please sign into your account
Past Convention Information:
- 2017 Convention Program
- 2017 Convention Presentations
- 2017 Banquet Presentation
- 2016 PowerPoint Presentations
- 2016 PIAA Officials' Convention Program
- 2016 Banquet Presentation (PowerPoint Show)
- 2015 Banquet Presentation - pdf
- Convention Corporate Sponsors - Thank you!
- Officials' that have completed "Train the Trainer"
- Officials' Recognition Policy