The purpose of the PIAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is to promote the health and safety of interscholastic athletes by serving in a medical advisory capacity to the PIAA Board of Directors, to encourage continuing education (in-service) programs for physicians, certified athletic trainers, and others who contribute to the sports medicine effort at the interscholastic level, to promote more effective working relationships among all persons associated with interscholastic athletics, and to provide, upon request, site coverage at PIAA Inter-District Championship Contests.
Membership on this committee shall include, but not be limited to, physicians, certified athletic trainers, other health professionals, and athletic administrators.
Members of the committee shall be selected by the PIAA Board of Directors in consultation with the Chairmen of the PIAA District Committees, recognized organizations of health professionals, and existing members of the committee.
The committee shall meet not less often than annually, at the PIAA Summer Workshop, and at such other times as may be determined by the Executive Director of PIAA.
Guidelines and other statements recommended by the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee and approved by the PIAA Board of Directors shall be printed in the PIAA Handbook each year.
The members of the PIAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee are as follow:
- Timothy S. Ackerman, D.O., 172 Warm Sunday Way, Mechanicsburg 17050
- Michael Cordas, Jr., D.O., 2022 Alexis Dr., Harrisburg 17110
- Catherine C. D'Orazio, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN, 300 Highland Ln, Bryn Mawr 19010
- Gregory C. Fanelli, M.D., 303 Kaseville Rd., Danville 17821
- Keith P. Fisher, DDS, 501 Wilson Ln., Mechanicsburg 17055
- Andrew D. Gould, DDS, 303 Beech Avenue, Hershey 17033
- Joseph A. Iezzi, ATC, 110 Waring Drive, Downingtown 19335
- Patricia B. Kane, D.O., 121 Schuylkill Mountain Rd., Schuylkill Haven 17972
- James D. Knox, Jr., M.D., 15 Red Oak Dr., Lincoln University 19352
- Thomas D. Kohl, M.D., 424 Appian Way, Blandon 19510
- William J. Kuprevich, Jr., D.O., 375 Riverview Ave., Bloomsburg 17815
- Patrick F. Leary, D.O., 5675 Winthrop Dr., Erie 16506
- Scott A. Lynch, M.D., 704 Linden Rd., Hershey 17033
- David G. McBain, ATC, 60 Fayette Ave., Oakdale 15071
- Laura J. McIntosh, M.D., 701 Delaware Ave., Erie 16505
- William R. Mills, Jr., 1301 A.V. Acri Ln., Harrisburg 17112
- John L. Moyer, Jr., ATC, 902 Ivy Ln., Wyomissing 19610
- Matthew L. Silvis, M.D., 331 William Dr., Hershey 17033
- Edward D. Snell, M.D., 8304 Reagan Dr., Pittsburgh 15237
- Donald M. Vargo, PT, ATC, 2143 Pendleton Dr., Monroeville 15146
- William R. Vollmar, M.D., 6 Wyckford Pl.., Willow Street 17584
- Joshua B. Williamson, M.D., 300 Main St., Oley 19547