Welcome Sports Medicine Personnel!
This section of the PIAA website is dedicated to making your job a little easier by providing the latest information available.
PIAA SPORTS MEDICINE POSITION STATEMENTThe PIAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is committed to supporting schools in developing guidelines to provide safe and healthy conditions for student-athletes to compete. The SMAC has developed these items to assist in promoting optimum health and safety conditions for all student-athletes. Health care is not one size fits all medicine and individual assessments of each student-athlete must be complted to ensure each student is cleared to participate after sound medical evaluations.
News & Announcements
- 4/19/18Field Hockey Protective Eyewear
- 7/21/172017 Junior High School/Middle School Football Practice Date
- 7/21/172017 Football Pre-Season Heat-Acclimatization Guidelines
- 5/1/14Acceptable Non-Physical Contact Drills Outside of the PIAA-Defined Football Season Video
- 7/30/13American Academy of Pediatrics Pennsylvania Chapter Statement on Sports Physicals
- 7/12/13NOCSAE Position Statement Regarding Virgina Tech Star Rating System