PDE Required Background Clearances (must be completed once every 60 months):
- FBI clearance (ACT 114) - The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has changed the provider for this clearance. For more information regarding the new process, click here. Follow these instructions to register for fingerprints:
- Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- When prompted for a Service Code, enter 1KG6XN
- On the next screen, click "Schedule or Manage Appointment"
- Fill out all the required information. As you fill out the required information, you will be asked to search for a place to have your fingerprints captured. The locations are not the same as the old Cogent sites. You will choose a day and time, or just walk-in, to have your fingerprints captured.
- You will pay the fee of $22.60 when you arrive at the fingerprinting site.
- You will receive additional instructions on how to receive your results after completing the fingerprinting.
- PA State Police clearance (ACT 34) - https://epatch.state.pa.us
In completing the PA State Police clearance, the “reason” is employment
3. Department of Human Services clearance (PA Child Abuse) (ACT 151) - https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
**Once at this site create an individual account**
In completing the Child Abuse History clearance, under the application purpose, check the box titled, “School Employee Governed by Public School Code”.
**The PA State Police clearance and the Department of Human Services clearance can be printed and mailed to those depts.
Click here for the printer version of the PA State Police clearance.
Click here for the printer version of the Department of Human Services clearance.